Friday 2 December 2011

Glogster

I am very familiar with the concept of scrapbooking. Therefore when presented with the idea of doing so online, I was very excited to try it out. I began by creating a profile on the glogster website and explored. I was amazed at how many tools can be used.I created my glogster around the concept of e-learning and my new knowledge and understandings. I incorporated the use of images and links to my own creations. I think this was a great way to compile creations and reflect upon what I have learned so far.

There are many ways in which this ICT can be used to stimulate higher order thinking in the classroom. Some examples of this are; students could use glogster to create collages or scrapbook pages of their learning experiences individually or in small groups. This would allow students to collaborate ideas before adding images, text and audio to their online scrapbook. Glogster could also be used with a whole class as a hook to a learning experience or inquiry either in the computer lab or printed and displayed in the classroom. Using glogster as an assessment tool could also be beneficial, as it would allow students to create several pages demonstrating their thoughts and ideas on a particular topic.

A screen shot containing the glogster I created is located below along with a PMI chart explaining the benefits and challenges of using glogster as an ICT.


PLUS
MINUS
INTERESTING
  • enjoyable and engaging e-learning tool
  • stimulates learners creativity
  • interactive with the use of weblinks
  • allows students to collaborate ideas with peers
  • allows the use of audiovisual files

  •  YouTube clips cannot be embedded

  •  safe learning environment that can be monitored by learning managers




No comments:

Post a Comment