Monday 5 December 2011

Google Earth

Although I had heard several opinions regarding Google Earth, I had never explored the ICT myself. After downloading the program onto my computer, I naturally searched for my home, then my parents home. I then realised I had not yet visited my sisters new home in Tasmania, and quickly searched for it. I was amazed at the level of detail I was provided with. Not only could I view the building and street, I could see cars parked out the front and trees in the garden.

Using this tool in the classroom would be a great way to create a real life context for students when studying other countries or cultures. Students are provided with the ability to navigate their way around the world, and record the places they explore. This is a great way to engage learners and stimulate higher order thinking as it is providing them with a learning experience in an environment they have never been before. I am really looking forward to using this ICT in the classroom to facilitate learning about different cultures, and allowing students to get a real life understanding of what it looks like.

Below is a screen shot I took when searching for my sisters home in Tasmania.


No comments:

Post a Comment