Monday 5 December 2011

MuseumBox

While discovering MuseumBox, I found the website to be quite confusing. To create an account, the designer needs to begin making a box before this will be prompted. I thought this was a little confusing, however I continued my creation. I decided to create my MuseumBox around the concept of 21st century learners or, digital natives as they are often referred to. Using this concept I was able to upload images of websites I have been creating from which reflected well.

This would be a great tool to use in a classroom context, however a well scaffolded learning experience would be required to achieve learning outcomes. Without proper education about how to use the ICT, learns could easily become lost or distracted. There are many beneficial features within this tool such as the ability to add images and audio. However students are unable to embed a MuseumBox into their blog. This hinders students ability to use as an online collaboration tool. An interesting concept, and an engaging tool if used appropriately.

Below is a screen shot of my MuseumBox creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment