Tuesday 29 November 2011

Podcast

PodOmatic
Approaching the topic of podcasts made me slightly nervous this week, as I have not have much experience using them. When I was using an iPhone, I noticed the function available in iTunes but had never taken a closer look. I decided I would browse through a couple of the website suggestions on moodle and created an account for PodOmatic. Looking around the website, I saw that it was a simple step by step process to create a podcast of my own. I started the process, however I did not have any recordings on my computer, nor did I have a microphone, so I browsed through the podcasts of others. I found it interesting that there was a link for podcasts relating to education, and had a closer look at the K-12 sub-category. It was here that I found a podcast uploaded by a teacher. She had an interview with a student about the blog the student had created and a discussion about the learning outcomes. This was a perfect example of how I would like to use podcasts in a learning environment. Not only is it easy to create an account on this website, but it is so simple to create your own podcast. Using this ICT to help facilitate a learning experience would be an engaging way to let students take a hands-on approach to their own learning. Learners are able to record their own voice and video, then upload it to the podcast. Below is a screen shot I took of my PodOmatic homepage. From here, you can see the layout of the website to be very clear and easy to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment