Tuesday 22 November 2011

Websites

The World Wide Web has developed rapidly. In my Year 10 class I was learning how to create a website using HTML codes. Nine years later it is as simple as clicking the mouse, dragging, typing and voila, I am a website designer.

As directed through the course material I discovered weebly.com. It is an interesting and engaging tool that gave me the ability to create a website free of charge, and to add to it as I desire. Designing the website was extremely simplistic. There were basic layouts to choose from, and I was given the ability to change title images.. This allowed me to modify my website to suit my personality, style and to add as much flair as I wanted. There was also a couple of preset games that I could add for viewers to interact with. Weebly.com gave an abundance of settings, layouts and elements that were simple to navigate.


Creating the website was not difficult and it would be a functional ICT to use in a classroom environment. Students are able to create a website with as many pages, images, videos, maps, sound files, slideshows, photo galleries and links as they need. It is important that when using this tool, the learning experience is scaffolded appropriately as it would be very easy for learners to become distracted and off-task. Giving students freedom within constraints allows them to experience a new and engaging activity with the ability to create, whilst following the guidance given from the Learning Manager.

This tool is not as interactive for learners as blogger.com or wikispaces as it does not allow for comment or contribution from others. For the purposes of designing or following a scaffolded learning experience this ICT is a beneficial tool for learners of all ages.


Image retrieved from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhWlg0BY-LiDSxJDJXv_hZfcWiPkkWSIRADYg0QoY6BShrWALEwhEJsa2pYGBYAd8-h1nr1Uikk2Vc8O1z-iT7IlAdDiSRG8CPyZ3HED1Ck6RGmo48JtXyw86Jb-epE1Bh8Lfb16miC978/s200/planet_earth.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment